Mahamadou Diarra in talks with Panathinaikos after training with Fulham

31 Oct 2013 17:11

The 32-year-old was hoping for a deal at Craven Cottage, but admits he could be heading to Greece instead



Heading off: Mahamadou Diarra could be moving to Greece Heading off: Mahamadou Diarra could be moving to Greece

Alex Livesey





Mahamadou Diarra is in talks to sign for Greek giants Panathinaikos.


The Mali midfielder had been training with Fulham with view to earning a new deal after a long spell on the sidelines with a knee injury.


However, the former Real Madrid star is reportedly on the verge of joining Panathainikos after failing to win fresh terms at Craven Cottage.


Diarra told Sky Sports: "I have contact with the Greek club and we will be talking again this week to agree something.


"I think I can still play at a good level. They are in the Champions League and I can bring my experience to the team but nothing is done yet.


"I have enjoyed my time at Fulham, it is a friendly club and I would like to thank the club for everything they have done for me.


"I wish them good luck in the Premier League."


The 32-year-old made just 19 appearances during an injury-ravaged 18 months in SW6.



Comments